The legal plan has coverage for:
• You and your spouse or domestic partner.
• Your dependent children under the age of 26 who have not been married and who live in your home.
• Minors under 18 years of age who are legally in your custody.
With this plan you can get:
• Advice and representation.
• Telephone consultations with your attorney on any personal legal matter, including pre-existing matters.
• Review of contracts and documents.
• Defense in trials.
At LegalShield we advise you in the main areas of law:
- Consumer / Finance: Legal matters that have to do with claims for the purchase of a product or service from a company, home evictions and consumer loans. Examples: • Insurance • Taxes • Bankruptcy • Billing conflicts • Banking.
- Estate Planning: If you died without leaving a will, the state would determine what to do with your assets. That doesn't suit you. That's why LegalShield plans include the preparation of wills and their annual update. Also, you can start the process from the LegalShield app! Common examples: • Wills • Probate validation • Power of attorney • Trusts.
- Traffic Violations: Traffic regulations can vary from place to place. In many countries, the rules and sanctions are codified. In the United States, each municipality and state may have its own traffic laws. Common examples: • Car accident • Suspended driver's license • Vehicle damage • Traffic and parking tickets.
- Landlords / Tenants: Legal matters that have to do with contracts between the owner of a house and the person who occupies it. They can be questions about the rights of the tenant or landlord regarding the rental of commercial or residential properties. Common examples: • Eviction • Rent • Damages or repairs to the home • Property rights in rental home.
- Real Estate: Legal matters that have to do with the sale, rental or lease of real estate or issues related to land and everything that arises in them (buildings, fences and annexes). Common examples: • Foreclosures • Real estate closing • Construction Criminal: Legal matters that have to do with a lawsuit against a person accused of committing a crime.
- Crimes: Are classified into misdemeanors, felonies and crimes depending on their nature and the maximum penalty that corresponds to them. Common Examples: • Firearm Issues • Domestic Violence • Drunk Driving Tickets • Expungement • Drug Possession.
- Contracts: Legal matters that have to do with the revision, creation or modification of a contract. A contract is an oral or written agreement to exchange goods and services, money, and property. Common examples: • Promissory notes • Labor contracts • Leasing contracts.
- Personal Injury: A personal injury is the result of the actions or negligence of another person or company. This area of law covers cases in which physical, mental or emotional harm was caused to a person, usually due to the negligence or carelessness of a third party. Common examples: • Medical malpractice • Wrongful death • Car, bicycle and pedestrian collision.
- Immigration: Matters related to moving from another country to stay to live permanently in the United States. Federal immigration law determines whether a person is a foreigner, as well as their rights and obligations as such. It also provides the means for certain foreigners to naturalize. Immigration law determines who can enter, how long they can stay, and when they must leave the country. Common examples: • Permanent residence visa (Green Card) • Citizenship and naturalization.
In the event of a legal emergency, our management firm will assist and assist you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in the following emergencies:
• If you are seriously injured in a car accident.
• If you receive a court order.
• If the state tries to take your children.
• If you were arrested, detained or a law enforcement officer threatens to take away your rights or freedoms.
• If you are injured and you are asked to sign a document where you will lose or renounce your rights or freedoms.